Using Cloud 66 services must in accordance with these terms
Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (this "AUP") describes material and activities that are not allowed in connection with the Services offered by Cloud 66. This AUP is not exhaustive, and Cloud 66 reserves the right to take remedial action in connection with content or uses that are not specifically described below.
You are responsible for violations of this AUP by anyone using your account with your permission or on an unauthorized basis. You are also responsible for violations of this AUP by Your Users. Your use of the Services to assist another person in an activity that would violate this AUP if performed by you is a violation of the AUP. We may modify this AUP at any time by posting a revised version on the Cloud 66 Websites and/or Services.
All capitalized and formally defined terms in this AUP have the same meaning as in the Terms of Service.
You may not use the Services for any unlawful or abusive purpose. Prohibited activities include:
- Illegal Activities. Any use of the Services to engage in, further, promote, or encourage illegal conduct or activities, including the dissemination of content that has been determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful.
- Fraudulent or Harmful Activities. Engaging in activities that is deceptive or harmful to others, or that would harm Cloud 66’s operations or reputation, including offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., make-money-fast schemes, Ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming), deceptively impersonating another person or entity, or engaging in other fraudulent or misleading practices.
- Violation of Intellectual Property Rights. Using the Services in a manner that violates, infringes on or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including without limitation any rights in or to copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, privacy or publicity, and publishing content intended to assist others in unlawfully circumventing technical measures intended to protect any such rights. For more information, please see Cloud 66’s Copyright Policy and Trademark Policy.
- Unlawful Pornography. Disseminating child pornography or depictions of nudity or sexual activity obtained or disseminated without the consent of those depicted (e.g., "revenge pornography").
- Violent, Harassing, or Abusive Content. Content that incites or threatens violence against any person, promotes terrorism, is intended to harass, abuse or invade the privacy of any individual, creates a risk to the physical safety or health of any individual or to public safety or health, or that threatens or encourages harm on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, caste, sexual orientation, sex, gender, gender identity, serious disease or disability, or immigration status.
- Controlled Substances. Unlawfully selling or distributing controlled substances, including but not limited to any illegal or prescription drugs.
You may not use the Services to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a "System"). Prohibited activities include:
- Harmful Software. Content, software, or any other technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any computer system, program, or data, including any viruses, malware, spyware, adware, Trojan horses, worms, or time bombs.
- Unauthorized Access. Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
- Interception. Monitoring of data or traffic on a System without permission.
- Falsification of Origin. Using fake or misleading TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. This prohibition does not include the use of aliases or anonymous remailers.
You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them. Prohibited activities include:
- Deceitful Actions. Introducing intentionally, knowingly or recklessly, any virus or other contaminating code into the Service, or collecting, transmitting, or using information, including email addresses, screen names or other identifiers, by deceit or covert means (such as phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spidering, and harvesting).
- Intentional Interference. Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, flooding techniques, or conducting a denial of service ("DoS") attack.
- Retaliation Against Cloud 66. Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against Cloud 66, including the Services, or Cloud 66’s employees, officers or other agents, including engaging in behavior that results in any Cloud 66 server being the target of a DoS attack.
- Withholding Identity. Any activity intended to withhold or cloak identity or contact information, including the omission, deletion, forgery or misreporting of any transmission or identification information, such as return mailing and IP addresses.
- Mining of Cryptocurrencies. Mining any cryptocurrency, including but not limited to BitCoin or any similar currency, without explicit written permission.
You may not attempt to probe, scan, penetrate, or test the vulnerability of a Cloud 66 system or network, or to breach the Cloud 66 security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques, or conduct any security or malware research on or using the Services, without Cloud 66’s prior written consent.
You may not use any shared System provided by Cloud 66 in a way that unnecessarily interferes with the normal operation of the shared System, or that consumes a disproportionate share of the resources of the System. For example, we may require you to repair coding abnormalities in your cloud-hosted code if it unnecessarily conflicts with other customers’ use of the Services. You agree that we may quarantine or delete any data stored on a shared System if the data is infected with a virus, or is otherwise corrupted, and has the potential to infect or corrupt the System or other customers’ data that is stored on the same system.
We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to investigate any suspected violation of this AUP or misuse of the Services about which we have actual knowledge. In connection with such investigations, we may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Such reporting may include disclosing, reviewing and preserving appropriate customer information consistent with applicable law. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this AUP.
If we determine, in our discretion, that you have violated this AUP, we may remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource and/or to suspend or terminate your use of the Services. We also may intercept or block any content or traffic belonging to you or to users where the Services are being used unlawfully or not in accordance with this AUP. Our right to suspend or terminate your use of the Services applies even if a violation is committed unintentionally or without your authorization. Such right is not an obligation on us to act at any given time or with respect to any given Subscriber, and we may exercise such right at any time within our sole discretion.
If you become aware of any suspected violation of this AUP, please notify us by providing a full explanation of the bases for the violation. We may request your assistance to help stop or remedy the violation. To report any violation of this AUP or make related inquiries, please email us at email@example.com.